What personal information do we collect from the people that book mini cabs with us, visit our blog, website or app ?
When booking or registering with us, on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
Subsequently records of calls, emails, texts and booking details are maintained for service improvements such as improved booking speed, audit purposes and Transport for London (PCO) compliance.
When do we collect information ?
We collect information from you when you book with us or register on our site, use our APP’s, call us directly, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How long do we hold your information ?
We comply with General Data Protection Regulations therefore your data will be only kept for the shortest amount of time required – this may vary depending on the type or data i.e. recorded journey vs call records etc.
How do we use your information ?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase of transportation, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey/review or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To communicate with you via telephone, email, SMS or via our app.
• To meet customer service requirements and for complaint handling and feedback.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of service.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone).
• To detect and prevent fraud and crime.
• To administer our membership and loyalty scheme.
• For insurance purposes.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations imposed by Transport for London and any other licensing authority where we provide services.
• To monitor and asses the quality of our service
• To enforce our terms and conditions
• Information you give us. You may provide information by contacting us via our Websites, Apps or by email, telephone, social media or otherwise, or by signing up for our newsletters or alerts, or by creating an account and then using our services.
• CCTV information. Some of our vehicles are fitted with outward-looking dashboard cameras. These dashboard cameras do not film inside the vehicles, and they do not record audio, but your image may be picked up by them when you enter or exit the vehicle.
• If you use our services through your company, information provided to us by your employer. In the case of our corporate customers only, your employer may provide us with information about you when it signs up to use our services, for example your name and business email address.
• Information provided to us by a third party and/or collected from public records in the case of fraud or suspected fraud. In the case of fraud or suspected fraud, we may obtain information from third parties and from public records to prevent and detect fraud.
• We may use/display your comments good or bad – however your personal details if provided will be anonymous at all times.
How do we protect your information ?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user books a mini cab to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’ ?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change/access your personal information:
• By emailing us on email@example.com
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals ?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
• We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to :-
• Send information, respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process bookings and to send information and updates pertaining to bookings.
• Send you additional information related to your booking and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following :-
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Star Mini Cabs Ltd
90 North Street
Essex RM1 1DA
Last edited on 29/5/2018